Dr. Emilie J. Calvello Hynes
The Global Emergency Care Initiative contributed to sponsoring Halima Adam and Violet Mirembe to attend the 2018 African Conference on Emergency Medicine. As described in the November 13, 2018 post by Dr. Jen Bellows, Halima and Violet showed the world during their presentations how implementation of proven low cost solutions with local champions can create great change in emergency care outcomes.
We asked Halima, what were your top 3 contributors to success and ongoing challenges with changing emergency care in Uganda? She answered:
Contributors to success:
Applying knowledge, skills and experience while on duty.
2. Positive attitude towards work.
3. Communicating expectations e.g,helping the team to stay focused and on track.
1. Negative attitude of some staffs towards work and change.
2. Inadequate resources in terms of human, equipments, drugs and sundries
3. Lack of enough skilled health personnel
Halima Adam at AfCEM 2018